market-farming - [Market-farming] re:other products at market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jim & Mary Conner <jmconner AT pwrtc.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] re:other products at market
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:00:01 -0500

Hi Robert,

Thank you so much for the information that you supplied. Everyone that has posted has helped me a lot and gave me things to think about and also great pointers. I guess the hardest part is deciding what to add to the market!
Thanks again,
Have a nice day,
Mary C

We operate a commercial kitchen - inspected by the Virginia Dept. of Agriculture & Consumer Services (VDACS) and the FDA. This has helped us create a profitable, value-added farm - the Chile Man (http://www.thechileman.com).

You should check out the FDA's Center for Food Safety and Nutrition web site - http://www.cfsan.fda.gov. That will tell you everything you need to know!

Inspection, however, differs by state. You may be inspected by your ag.
dept., or by your local health dept. (usually more restrictive - which is
strange, isn't it??? Seems to me, there should be national standards for an
inspection program)