market-farming - [Market-farming] overwintering corn mache

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "BackYardOrganics" <backyardorganics AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] overwintering corn mache
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 16:17:03 -0600

Dear List,

I have been reading your posts off and on for the last year.  Thanks for all the wonderful information!
I tried overwintering corn mache this past winter.  I planted sometime in  October and was able to thin the tiny seedlings just before frost.

I see no sign of them now and wonder what I did wrong.  The year before we had started the mache earlier and they overwintered without cover.  Just wondering if anyone has some experience with this in zone 5.

Should I have covered them with a row cover?  Started them earlier?

Thanks for any info.

Denise
Zone 5, Illinois