market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] the best bed shaper

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "TxBeeFarmer" <TxBeeFarmer AT HotPop.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] the best bed shaper
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:55:07 -0600

Willie,

You were right about me being a row croper. Everything is setup for a row
spacing of 36". My beds are half the width of yours. This works well
because I use sweeps to cultivate the furrows which are about the same width
as my rear tires. The bed is the same.

I'm curious though, why do you have such wide beds? Is there some advantage
to it?

(West Texas) Mark