market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Garlic Scape Pesto

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "mmaysen" <mmaysen AT alltel.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Garlic Scape Pesto
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 12:36:53 -0500

Thanks for forwarding this to the group, Allan! I'm going to try this
today.

If anyone else has tried it, I have a couple of questions..
Would it hurt to use a food processor (cuisinart) instead of a blender?
I'm thinking it would produce a 'finer' texture.?

And what about sautéing the scapes lightly at first? Or is better when
a little 'crunchier'?

Thanks,
MeLani

--Garlic Scape Pesto
--
--1/2 lb. organic scapes (chopped into 1" sections)
--1 c. organic olive oil