market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Garlic Scape Pesto

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Garlic Scape Pesto
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 07:37:19 -0400

Go with the food processor, that will probably work better.
Dunno about the sauteing (don't even know how you got the accent on the "e"!), but that could be your own recipe!!

-Allan

Thanks for forwarding this to the group, Allan! I'm going to try this
today.

If anyone else has tried it, I have a couple of questions..
Would it hurt to use a food processor (cuisinart) instead of a blender?
I'm thinking it would produce a 'finer' texture.?

And what about sautéing the scapes lightly at first? Or is better when
a little 'crunchier'?

Thanks,
MeLani

--Garlic Scape Pesto
--
--1/2 lb. organic scapes (chopped into 1" sections)
--1 c. organic olive oil