market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Solar Powered Inflation fans?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Solar Powered Inflation fans?
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 19:42:05 EST

In a message dated 2/4/04 1:15:22 PM Central Standard Time, wiediger AT msn.com writes:

Our low last night was 16.

We have been struggling to get this for a high the last two weeks.  I can testify that 4' spacing is needed with this much snow for the hoophouses to withstand the weight.  I have one building completely covered with snow and is still standing.  We have had over 20" in the last 7 days, with little time to get anything cleaned out but all our houses and plastic is still OK.  Forecasting 8 to 10 for tonight thru Friday with the good old 30 MPH winds out of the North so well see.  Wouldn't do any good to try to get the snow off the buildings because the drifts are higher than the buildings.

Has anyone used silver or chrome plastic to help with reflection for fighting the aphids?

Phil From Frigid Iowa