market-farming - [Market-farming] Solar Powered Inflation fans?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Solar Powered Inflation fans?
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 06:38:46 -0500

I'm looking for a source for a solar powered inflation fan for the hoophouse I'm installing in the next couple of weeks. I'd love to find something that is sold as a package, but, aside from that, I'm looking for an appropriately low amp 12volt squirrel cage fan that can be adapted to inflating the plastic.

I guess I'm also looking for a good source for solar gear. Suggestions?

While I'm at it, I should ask 'how many are inflating double layers now and how many are going with single layers'? Steve Moore, the ultimate 4-Season guru, told me that he's seen a vast difference between his single layer house and his inflated house this season and will no longer suggest single walled houses. (Seeing a 10degree difference inside the row covers on cold nights!)

What's your experience?