market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] tents for a particular use?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Steve Sando" <steve AT mrlucky.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] tents for a particular use?
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 08:00:21 -0700

From: "a" <elsaella AT yahoo.com>
> I have been following the questions about the tents.Could anyone tell me
what their use is for?

For shade while selling at markets.

Marie mentioned the cheapie EZUP at Walmart with the green/white stripes.
This is what I was replacing. My frame is fine but the cover is falling
apart. The top layer of plastic is disinegrating and it looks as if it's
snowing everytime I set up or break down. I was very good about using the
protective cover bag, to no avail.

I ended up taking Willie's advice and getting the Sams Club unit for $179.
It really feels superior and more substantial. I do five markets a week in
summer and 2 all winter so I think it's worth the extra money. I'm hoping it
is, anyway.

I hate the whole warehouse store thing but see it as a neccasary evil for
small business but Sams Club seems vastly superior to Costco, at least here
in Northern Calif. Maybe it's because there aren't as many and they need to
be more competitive but the staff was as friendly as Nordstroms and the
selection, especially for business things, was superior. Plus it seemed like
a nicer space than the Costcos. Same price to join and instant credit! But
the big advantage is you can order online and go pick it up and avoid
shopping and being tempted by buffalo wings you don't need but buy anyway.

Steve