market-farming - [Market-farming] garlic vinegar

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] garlic vinegar
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:25:57 -0700 (PDT)

There isn't a problem with garlic in vinegars. Vinegar is a preservative
> and, as you wrote, it's acidity discourages spoilage.
>
> When I rebottled garlic vinegars, I strained them, like always, and put
> new
> cloves in the rebottled vinegar. I had a good source of hardneck garlic
> for
> those bottlings and the bottles looked wonderful.
>
> Del Williams
> Clifton, IL
Del...were you selling the vinegar? It's my understanding that it's
acceptable to infuse, then strain, pour into sterile bottles, cap and
sell. I was hoping to put in a garlic scape for pretty. It would be hard
to believe anything could survive in straight vinegar.
Sora at Paradise Valley Organics