market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Jericho question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jennie Lee <tulipcreek AT dixie-net.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Jericho question
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 10:23:40 +0100

Thanks for the Jericho dimensions Alison - my heads have a ways to go yet, but its good to know they're headed in the right direction, so to speak.
As far as soil improvements go Marie, I've essentially spent the last two years hauling manure, leaves, and any other form of organic matter I could get my hands on onto my property and applying them in some form to my vegetable field. Hard, hard work, but the payoff is turning out to be immensely rewarding - psychologically and productivity-wise. I used to have to force myself to go out there every morning b/c it was so demoralizing to see plants so unhappy to be alive (though never as demoralizing as a desk job:> ).
Jennie (who should also be picking green beans)