market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Scale

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Mary Whitney" <mary AT whitneysorchard.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Scale
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 13:52:52 -0700

We've used a Tor-Rey scale for the past 3 years. It's battery operated (or
ac) and we've been more than pleased with it. It was about $350 but is
certified commercial scale. Not sure what the price on it now would be. Not
sure about any state certification stuff, never heard of it here. Most
bigger farmers at the market sell by weight on most items except basket fruit
kind of stuff. We do a combination. Squash are always so many/$1 type of
thing, but tomatos and tree fruit are always by the pound. Apples we do a
fair amount of pre-bagging and it's been great having this scale to do that
with.
I couldn't do the market without a good scale!..well probably I could, but I
sure wouldn't want to =:>

Mary Whitney

--
www.whitneysorchard.com
SweetBriar Rabbits - Fryers available

--

  • [Market-farming] Re: Scale, Mary Whitney, 07/02/2003