market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market-Farming[dehydration]

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Windsoap AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market-Farming[dehydration]
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 09:40:54 EDT

In a message dated 7/2/2003 6:19:47 AM Central Daylight Time, SAndrews AT AcademicBookServices.com writes:

tips and ideas for dehydrating

one of my faves other than regular dried tomatoes is crisp dried tomatoes;  all the way dry.  I made some by accident (forgot them).  i put a few handfuls into the blender and made tomato powder.  quarts of tomatoes fit into a 1/2 pint jar and I use a spoonful to make dried tomato vinaigrette, strengthen a sauce or stew, etc.  I plan to offer some of the powder to customers this summer.
wendy
akin farm