market-farming - [Market-farming] Hail and Subscriptions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jean Lundquist" <gardener AT mnic.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Hail and Subscriptions
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 19:20:48 -0500

This is the first year I have sold shares in my garden...and the first time EVER I have received major hail damage.  Things that weren't destroyed were severely set back.

I have a limited number of clients, and they are all friends.  BUT -- when this has happened to others, do you fill in with cookies?  Offer money back?  Offer half their money back?  Offer to carry over to next year?  Buy from others to fill in?

I am the first person in this area to have done this from all I can tell, and I really want my clients to have a good experience.  I also want them to understand about shared risk, but since this is the first year, etc...

Thoughts, please?

Thanks!

Jean
Jean's Gardens