market-farming - [Market-farming] Vinegar bottles/Evaporative Cooling

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Vinegar bottles/Evaporative Cooling
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:16:58 -0700 (PDT)

One of you out there gave me Sunburstbottle.com, and let's say again, the
products are fabulous, service fast. I got 750ml. screw top bottles with
very professional looking shrink wrap seals for $.85 @including UPS
delivery within 2 days. Not bad at all...Thanks again.

I agree with all the methods on keeping greens at Market. Ours is in a
blacktop parking lot no trees or shade. Last weekend we had 95 degrees.
Which on blacktop feels like 110. We all have canopies that attach to our
vehicles, a must in the wind...also need at least 20lbs on each front leg.
I also keep my greens, one or 2 bags at a time, in flat baskets with
freezettes and clean white bar towels for looks and protection. We also
bring along spray bottles of water, kept in the cooler with the back up
greens, to regularly spray down the greens. The evaporative cooling helps
them stay fresh. I also do deliveries in my pick-up with a canopy cover,
not air-conditioned...it can get very hot. I deliver to the CSAs in
half-bushel baskets and cover each with a cold wet bar towel in the truck.
It keeps them cool and clean.

  • [Market-farming] Vinegar bottles/Evaporative Cooling, Sora, 06/30/2003