market-farming - [Market-farming] Transporting Bouquets for CSAs (?)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Transporting Bouquets for CSAs (?)
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 23:38:36 -0400

I'm wondering how other growers transport flower shares for their CSAs. Last year, we set bouquets in 5 gallon bucket with a little water in the bottom, but I had a husband and wife team delivering last season and the passenger person was able to juggle the buckets in the cab. This year, it's me delivering. I'm drawn to using 'sleeves' on the bouquets and keeping them in the same buckets, but I'm wondering if this is an unnecessary expense.

I'm wondering how you , or you would, transport your flower shares.

thanks -Allan