market-farming - [Market-farming] organic flowers (was cloddy soil)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] organic flowers (was cloddy soil)
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 22:17:44 -0500

Regards to the list:

As a long-time cake decorator, I am always concerned about the fresh flowers florists attach to wedding cakes.  I cringe when they stick the stems into the icing.  A good selling point for organic flowers is that they won’t poison the cake.  Also, people don’t have quite the allergic reactions to organic flowers.

This is my first year trying to grow flowers to sell.  So far, all the florists I’ve talked to have been excited about having locally grown fresh flowers and they say they will buy from me.  Most give me a list of what they’d like to have.  Now, if I can just grow them. . .

Marie in Missouri

cakesbymarie.com