market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] floppy cucumbers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] floppy cucumbers
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 06:36:40 -0500

Cucumbers, I pick them early morning from the vine and by the afternoon they are soft and floppy, I have tried cooling them and keepng them in water.. does anyone have any solutions? Thank you!

A couple of years back we had to hold cucumbers for a couple of days for market. We had to wrap them in plastic wrap before they went into the cooler. I assume that what you are experiencing is loss of water from the fruit.

-Allan