market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] burlap

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] burlap
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 05:46:48 -0500

Folks: I have it in my mind to use burlap to keep my veggies fresh at
market -- wet it down, line my containers and let evaporation works it
cooling effect. But, I'm concerned that it may not be compatable with an
organic operation.

You might check with the Accokeek Foundation in southern MD (Google it). They are conscientiously organic and they have used burlap for cooling for years. -Allan