market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] What are your best crops and/or products?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jill Taylor Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] What are your best crops and/or products?
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 18:05:19 -0600

We have sold olive oil/goat milk soap - made with the milk from our goats.
(We didn't grow the olives).

I have sold some quilted wall hangings and runners too.

Like you, Rick, the record keeping isn't too tedious, as these items are not
huge sellers. Still, they brought in $500 + dollars, and sometimes gave
people a reason to linger at our stand. And rather than charge tax to
people separately, I just kept track of the sales, and sent in the
percentage of taxes on the sales. Much easier that way.
Jill, Kewaunee, Wisconsin