market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] What are your best crops and/or products?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Bill Bradshaw" <eastexfarms AT direcway.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] What are your best crops and/or products?
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 21:56:51 -0600

Hi Joel,We find that the sweet onions do well early on. Purple hulls and Cream 40 peas also did good this last season they brought about 18.00 avg per 30 pound sack. Shelled they sell for $3.00 to $4.00 per qt. Habanero pepper wholesale brought $1.80 per pound most of the year. We sold 8000 pounds. I don't know who our buyer sells all that habanero too, just that he pays me.LOL Will plant more this year(plants already in the greenhouse). We also sell a lot of Jalapeno pepper. Bill