market-farming - [Market-farming] Small Engine Tips?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "van weldon" <woodduckfarm AT ev1.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Small Engine Tips?
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 10:31:32 -0600

Given many of you might already know this tip, I thought it would
nevetheless be worthwhile to pass along what a farmer friend told me.

In the event you have allowed a small engine, i.e. 4 wheeler, lawn mower,
tiller etc, to sit ideal for awhile, you might have accumulated moisture on
the spark plug. This might inhibit cranking. Prior to supporting your local
small engine repair shop, consider removing the spark plug and spraying it,
and inside the SP hole where it goes, with WD40. The ingredients in WD40
apparently helps remove or dries out moisture which allows the spark plug to
better work. This technique has helped me on several occasions.

Until this week, I had always run my tank dry, with gas stabilizer, and
allowed them to sit over the winter. Now I know it is best to keep a Metal
tank full.

Any other Small Engine tricks out there?

Van