market-farming - [Market-farming] gas tank cleaning RESULTS

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "van weldon" <woodduckfarm AT ev1.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] gas tank cleaning RESULTS
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 10:24:26 -0600

Thanks for the kind replies to this note.

FYI I had already cleaned the tank with muriate acid prior to hearing not
to. Based on some of your advise, I tossed in a handful of pea sized gravel
and poured in about 1/3 tank of MA. Wearing rubber gloves and safety glasses
I sloshed the stones around and poured out the acid then repeated this
procedure while scrubbing with a wire brush. I did not let the MA to sit
more than two mins. in the tank as it was smoking a tad. I then followed up
with pouring a mix of 1/3 box baking soda and water. I rinsed and repeated
the BS mix allowing the BS solution to remain in the tank overnight. I blew
it out with an air comp. the next a.m. and it looked alomost brand new on
the inside. It took me about 2 hrs. to figure out how all of the "boiled
out" carberater parts interconnected but the tiller cranked on the 3rd pull
attempt. Gave myself a "pat on the back"!

Hope it works today.

Van