market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] seed starting

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org (Market Farming)
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] seed starting
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:56:15 -0500

I direct seed tomatoes peppers and eggplant into 2" cell trays, they grow
just fine. Make sure they are in a warm greenhouse with lots of light, some
people torture their plants under grow lights and wind up with spindly plants
that dampoff.
I have notice an odd thing with cabbage broccoli and especially cauliflower,
if you transplant them into cells the day after the seed germinates they will
out grow a non transplanted crop and mature five days sooner...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

http://webmail.netscape.com/