market-farming - Re: Organic industry vs. organic movement

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "GlobalCirclenet" <webmaster AT globalcircle.net>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Organic industry vs. organic movement
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 22:16:52 -0600

Growers who don't claim the organic label or other eco-label don't have to
pay these fees and jump through hoops. There are all kinds of regulations
and inspections throughout the process from grower to middleman to grocer.
None of them pay for inspections. To me the bottom line is, it's a fine for
growing organically. Think we should pay for all this testing etc.? Do beef
packing houses pay for government inspections? No. Do industries have to
pay for OSHA inspections and DOL inspections? No. Why organics?

paul & barb - on the continental divide
http://globalcircle.net