market-farming - Re: Organic industry vs. organicmovement

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Farr <rbfarr AT erols.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Organic industry vs. organicmovement
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 07:01:01 -0400

note that U.S.
agricultural policy hasn't been responsive to the citizens for many
decades
now, and follow through to your own conclusion.":

Read what Charles Waters has been writing in Acres USA for years - that
U.S. agricultural policy benefits only the rich, usurps the rights of
the people, and is, in effect, enslavement.

The government has taken our language, stolen our land, and to what
benefit? To benefit the rich, ruling classes, of course. The stealing
of the word "organic" represents the natural next step of government
agricultural policy.

What can we do about it? Develop sustainable farms with their own
language; educate our customers; push what Eliott Coleman calls
"authentic food"; expand bio-diversity; bring customers to our farms to
see what that means.

For another picture regarding what's going on in America, read Howard
Zinn's, "A People's History of the United States."

--
Robert Farr
(540) 668-7160

* An organic farm producing hot sauce marinades, salsas,
mustards, and barbecue.
* Subscribe to our online newsletter at http://www.thechileman.com

* Check out this article about us from The Washington Post:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/style/food/A8659-2001Jul17.html

* Open Houses and Farm Tours throughout the year. See web site for
details!