market-farming - Re: How Many Cherry Tomato Plants?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: How Many Cherry Tomato Plants?
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 19:44:55 -0400

The only exception to this rule is the years where I feel like setting up crops for u-pick for the shareholders. Then I will grow a couple hundred extra cherry tomatoes for the shareholders to pick. However, this is often frivolous. Shareholders only come out so often and only pick so many cherry tomatoes. Still, a large percentage of the crop goes to waste.

Which begs the question, Leigh: are you putting that couple of hundred in cages or, if not, then, how?

-Allan