market-farming - Re: Aid farmers and environment

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jennie Lee <tulipcreek AT dixie-net.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Aid farmers and environment
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 22:31:44 -0500

Hi all -
does anyone out there have any good ideas for trellising peas? I need an inexpensive, lightweight, reusable trellising system that I can move around from season to season with my rotation. I'd also like to be able to put it together myself as opposed to buying something prefab. There is a trellising net in the Johnny's catalog that caught my eye but its not cheap and though it claims to be UV resistant plastic, I'm wondering how long it really holds up. Has anyone used it before?
I'll need to trellis around 200-300 row feet of peas this spring and would appreciate any thoughts. I'm using a post and sisal twine set up right now that I'm not really thrilled with. Thanks for your thoughts.
- Jennie Lee