market-farming - Dock in pasture

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Ron Malor <rmalor AT bigpond.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Dock in pasture
  • Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2001 11:35:08 +1000

Hi All,

The locally recommended way of eradicating dock weed in pasture is to spray (spot or boom) with MCPA and a detergent. While I am not going for organic certification I would prefer not to spray on both philosophical and financial reasons. High winter rainfall (around 60 inches in US terms) means I get a lot of dock in the lower paddocks. Any ideas out there for alternative methods of control? Grubbing them out by hand is just not an option due to the area involved.

Regards,
Ron...

Ron Malor

'Redbank Grazing'