market-farming - Re: one-upmanship

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marie Kamphefner <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: one-upmanship
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 21:49:47 -0500

OH OH OH! Little Lulu! I had a red coat in first grade and I wore it backwards to look like Little Lulu!!! I couldn't get my hair to curl like hers however. I wished I had a pointed nose. Alvin, Iggy, Tubby, Annie - was it Mr and Mrs Thompson? I used to search and search for beebleberries. My cousin gave me a Little Lulu comic book for Christmas a couple of years ago.

When Kennedy was killed I lived in Glendale, California. On my way to work that day (I worked the evening shift at Pacific Telephone) the cars on the Ventura Freeway were crawling along at about 35 MPH.

Do you remember when Cheerios were called Cheerioats?

We didn't have a TV set until I was about 12. We sang "Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer" at our one-room country school when the song first came out. Did they have vegetables way back then?

Marie in Missouri