market-farming - Re: Advertising

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "jay gee" <jgj23 AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Advertising
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 12:49:35 +0000

The Farmer in the Del wrote in part:

A marketing plan was developed by one of our FM vendors and we are using it
to develop advertising and promotion for the market as a whole. The problem
is that most members of market are not interested in being involved in
supporting promotions. There was much crying and gnashing of teeth when the
fees were raised to support advertising. Most people want to grow their
produce and bring it to the market. They are contented to let others do the
promotional work.
<<<<

Two questions for Del:

1.) Has your market advertising and promotion improved customer
turnouts at market so far this year? (setting the rain aside);

2.) Have those who cried and gnashed their teeth about increased
fees complained also about working harder if the customers counts
are higher?

Jay Gee
not a farmer -- but interested in farming