market-farming - Re: market-farming Goats and Trees

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai" <potzkai AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: market-farming Goats and Trees
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 07:33:33 -0700

From: "Dori Green" <dorigreen00 AT hotmail.com>
It has taken me five years to figure out the basics of keeping goats where I want them and away from where I don't. They did indeed eat and knock over every single one of the nectarine and apple planting.......

Hi Dori, it appears that my neighbour has found a way to keep his goats where he wants them as well. After the episode with the one minature goat in the well he asked if it would be okay to put the pair of them into the large 6 foot fenced playground that I had built for my 2 year old son last year. It was built for the safety of a child and so far they have not managed to escape. They sleep in the "fort", play in the sand box more than the children ever did and rest under the old willow tree when they want shade. Happy little goats!!! But, we removed the swings (couldn't train them to sit on it and push off so we decided they wouldn't need it ;<) ). Jacqueline