market-farming - Re: American farmers still lean hard on government aid, and instead of rising export

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: American farmers still lean hard on government aid, and instead of rising export
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 06:33:58 -0500

Government support of farmers amounts to just another type of corporate
(business) welfare funded, of course, by the taxpayers.

This was in the Speakout section of Kankakee's main newspaper, The Daily
Journal on Monday, April 30:

"JUST ASK
Can somebody tell me where I can go and get a job and be guaranteed by the
government to make a set amount of money no matter how bad I did? Are you
familiar with what I am speaking of? Ask a farmer."

Del