market-farming - Re: market-farming Goats and Trees

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jill Taylor Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: market-farming Goats and Trees
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 06:38:19 -0500

> I recall about a year or two ago after the big fire in New Mexico the feds
were thinking of using goats to clear federal forestland under growth...

Yes - goats were used in Texas that way too, I remember from reading
Michener's _Texas_. Perhaps still. People would move to a plot of land,
buy some shrub goats, have then eat all the shrubs and growth, and then sell
them to the next newcomers.

Jill