market-farming - Re: Hunting for grape root starts

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Hunting for grape root starts
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 06:09:03 -0600

Although those nurseries from New York are very good ones and have very nice
stock I would urge you to talk directly to your extension agent (if they
know anything about growing grapes...my local extension doesn't) and discuss
your plant selections with someone at the nursery. Just because you bought
them in a zone 5 nursery doesn't mean they will do well in your zone 5 farm.