market-farming - Re: Help!!!! Loans?????

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Vic & Pat Jackowsky" <jackow AT gmi.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Help!!!! Loans?????
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:44:56 -0600

You can get small loans or larger ones and I'm not sure on the maximum. I gathered most of their loans range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for most people because they looked shocked when we didn't want THAT much. :) The interest rate is right now around 8%, only thing is you have to show crop insurance and nobody in our area (Northern Mississippi) offers crop insurance on veggie farming. Talk to your County Agent and perhaps they can put you in touch with the right people in your area.

Pat