market-farming - Re: Help!!!! Loans?????

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom" <tom_kat_1974 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Re: Help!!!! Loans?????
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 12:38:11

Hello thanks for the responces.
We are on North Eastern Ohio up by the Lake. Currently we have 30 acres
ready for production, not all will be for our produce but a good chunk will
be in sweetcorn and tomatoes as well as the other standards. My son who is
22 energetic and yet not aware of the hardships farming can bring is biting
at the bit to be a FARMER, unlike me who left the farm 25+ years ago. But I
too enjoy getting my hands in the soil and being close to God's Green
earth. We have plans to become a leader in the production of chemically
free produce, every one around us produces large quanities but not to much
Organic. Since we are new we are only now getting into the Organic end of
it and we are reserching the pros and cons of being certified.
You have made a good point about the Credit Unionsand this will be further
reserched here this coming week.
Thanks again for the info.
>From the bottom of my Peapickin Heart
Tom