market-farming - Re: The New Farmers Market Book

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: cappy AT harborside.com
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, Marc & Marcy <marc AT aculink.net>
  • Subject: Re: The New Farmers Market Book
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 18:52:11 -0800

Quoting Marc & Marcy <marc AT aculink.net>:

> 1001 Ways to Make Market Sales Sizzle!
> Picked up a post card about this new book by Eric
Gibson
> (Sell What You Sow). There's no date on it so I
don't know
> how dated it might be. Maybe you all know about it
> already. I'm sending the post card in for pre-
publication
> offer.
>
> The address is:
>
> New World Publishing
> 11543 Quartz Dr. #1
> Auburn, CA 95602
>
> Includes:
> Latest tips and trends
> Farmers/Sellers section on best products, display
ideas,
> merchandising tips and selling ideas/styles
> Managers info on starting and promoting the market,
key
> issues (shoudl you allow crafts, market mix) and
resources

> Marcy Nameth
> SE Colorado
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to market-farming as:
cappy AT harborside.com
> $subst('Email.Unsub')
>
> Hi Everyone,

Just received a letter and the post card from Eric
Gibson today. Looks like its going to be a spring
release. He's in the process now of selling ad space
in the book.

I'm excited and delighted about this book. He
contacted me last year on some marketing ideas and is
planning to use my quotes. What a thrill. He's really
put in a lot of research and hard work into this book.
Sounds like a good one.

He's also going to be a featured speaker at the Feb.
28. 29 marketing conference at Pike Place Market in
Seattle.
This is coordinated by the Washington Association of
Farmers' Markets.

Looks like about 200 people will be attending.

Another good book out there is: "Dynamic Farmers'
Marketing - A Guide to Successfully Selling Your
Farmer's Market Products"
by Jeff Ishee

I've got it listed on my website
(www.bumpercropmarketing.com) or you can send for a