market-farming - CSA year round production for Western WA

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: bg006 AT scn.org
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: CSA year round production for Western WA
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 13:26:44

I am about to enter my 7th season with CSA and am considering
year round production. Anybody out there in the north country
have any experience using heated or un heated greenhouses, straw bale,
double poly, woodstove, rabbits, hot water, cables, hot manure, forced air
air, etc. in such a way as to justify the profit of the vegies alone.
I am intrigued by the solviva greenhouse but $30,000.00 seems kind
of steep!

Is Eliot Coleman's Winter Harvest Manual gonna do it for me?
Thanks for this list Marcie!

Douglas Hendrickson
Salt Creek Farm CSA
Port Angeles, WA