livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] "You don't actually drink the milk do you?"

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Liz" <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] "You don't actually drink the milk do you?"
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 11:33:55 -0400

I don't know, maybe some people are able to break away. On a forum that I'm in, one young woman posted that she had just bought her first half-gallon of raw milk and she was "in a complete panic" over what she was supposed to do with it. I thought that was pretty sad--here was something that millions of people in the world would have fought over, and she said it was just "sitting there looking at me, and what do I do now??" She also wanted to know if it was "supposed to separate." No one laughed at her, for which I was grateful, and many people suggested that if she didn't want to just drink it, she could make yoghurt. She came back a day or so later and said she had made yoghurt with part of it, poured off some of the cream for coffee, and drunk the rest (which she loved). So there's some hope for her, at least, and by extension, her family.

Liz

Sorry Paul, I don't believe there is actually a way back for these "you
don't actually drink the milk do you" people. It is not just the egg that
comes out of the back end of a chicken that freaks these people out. I was
in hospital a few months ago and a visitor brought me nuts and a nutcracker.
Soon after I found myself surrounded by 5 nurses and a young doctor who
neither of them had ever seen anyone crack a nut and eat the inside. It
freaked two of the nurses really out.
I am afraid this tendency has been going for 2-3 generations and that it has
become seriously entrenched.
john