internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] need recommendation for home UPS

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] need recommendation for home UPS
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 14:42:54 +0000

---- christian stalberg <cstalberg AT web-analysts.net> wrote:
> Am in the market for a basic home UPS to
> keep the PC, monitor and router alive when
> Duke Power goes down. Under 5 minutes
> capacity is fine. This is an almost daily
> occurance out here in rural North Carolina.

Intrex has some UPS units. That is where I bought mine. I wanted one
that would do some filtering of spikes and brownouts, plus be available
to charge cell phones during an extended outage. I have my desktop, plus
the cable modem & router on it with no problem. <http://intrex.com/> Specs
below

UPS-CP685AVR

The AVR Series CP685AVR UPS is an ideal unit for basic to mid-level computer
systems. The 685AVR guards against surges, spikes, sags, and brownouts, and
protects your computer system and valuable data during a power outage.
Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) monitors incoming AC power and maintains a
safe voltage level. This model also has full dataline protection for
RJ11/RJ45 and RG-6 coax. PowerPanel PE™ Power Management supplements the
backup/surge protection by monitoring the status of your UPS and safely shuts
down your system in event of a power outage. The standalone design allows for
vertical, horizontal, or out-of-site wall mount.

Specifications:

* Interface Ports: 1 x DB-9 RS-232 Serial, 1 x USB
* Input Voltage: 100-140VAC, 57-63Hz
* Cord Length: 6 feet
* Maximum Output (Watts): 390 W (PFC loads)
* Maximum Output (VA): 685 VA (non-PFC loads)
* AVR: Yes
* Total Outlets: 8
* Battery Powered Outlets: 4
* Wideley Spaced Outlets: 4 (2 Battery)
* Transfer Time: 4ms
* Battery Characteristics
o Runtime (Half Load): 10
o Runtime (Full Load): 2
o Battery Qty: 1
o Battery Type: Sealed Lead Acid
o Battery Size: 12V, 8Ah
o User Replaceable: Yes
o Typ Recharge Time: 8h
o Replacement Battery: BB Battery - BP8-12
* Surge Protection and Filtering
o Surge Suppression: 890J
o Maximum Surge Current: 36,000A
o RJ45/RJ11 surge protection
o RG6 coax surge protection
* Dimensions: 3.5" x 6.25" x 11.5" (H x W x D)
* Weight: 13.7 lb
* Additional Information
o CyberPower fully stands behind its products with a lifetime
product warranty and Connected Equipment Guarantee of $125,000
o EMI/RFI shielding against electromagnetic interference & radio
frequency signals
o Keyhole style mounting slots
o LED Indicators & Audible Alarms
o PowerPanel PE Smart Management Software
o Right-angle plug doesn't tie up additional sockets
o RoHS Compliant
o UL1778, cUL, FCC DOC Class B Certifications

WARRANTY: 3-year through Manufacturer

--
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/roger-austin/8/a4/60
Twitter: http://twitter.com/RogerTheGeek