internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Clock ticking on a free NC-540

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Clock ticking on a free NC-540
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 13:38:46 -0400

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 1:55 AM, Jeremy Portzer<jeremyp AT pobox.com> wrote:
> Are you really sure about this?  With a widened NC-54 and a new
> interchange at Hopson Rd, there should be plenty of capacity to take the
> load off the Alexander Dr. connection.  Remember that much of the
> traffic at that connection is going to NC-55 south (err, "east").  Once
> 147 connects easily to 540, bypassing I-40 with this new connector, much
> of that traffic will presumably use this new route to get to 55 southbound.

Or not, simply because of the tolls.

[...]
> Now, I do realize that it reduces the ability of people to dodge the
> tolls.  That's another subject altogether.  But I don't think it's a
> horrible idea if the tolls weren't a factor.

You're right. If it wasn't going to be tolled, it wouldn't be so bad.
But, since it will be, it removes a convenient on/off ramp (that
does seriously back up) and doesn't replace it with anything
non-toll. But, perhaps that's the point. :-(

Cheers,
Tanner

--
Tanner Lovelace