internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Time Warner to meter users' Internet traffic

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Time Warner to meter users' Internet traffic
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 18:58:54 -0400

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Tom Caswell <derpimpkar AT yahoo.com> wrote:
> ATT is rolling out U-verse in the Triangle but it's a slow process.  Same as
> Verizon's FiOS, etc.
>
> https://uverse1.att.com/un/launchAMSS.do
> I'm also not sure if it's capped but it's an alternative.

Unfortunately, that doesn't help those of us in Durham, where for
some strange, god awful reason, Verizon has the phone monopoly
(which explains why I've been on Vonage for the past 4 years!).
And, while Verizon's FiOS would be a good thing, I haven't heard
any speculation at all that it might end up in the Triangle, so
that's most likely a non-starter. :-(

Cheers,
Tanner

--