internetworkers - [internetworkers] to all the TCL junkies

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Greg Brown <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Triangle Linux Users Group General Discussion <trilug AT trilug.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] to all the TCL junkies
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 10:30:27 -0400

I just learned after, oh, fifteen years at least working with Cisco gear there is a TCL shell lurking that is built into IOS.

Really:

rtpnxxxxx#tclsh
rtpnxxxxx(tcl)#puts "Hello, World!\n"
Hello, World!

rtpnxxxxx(tcl)#

Is anyone using this?  If so, for what?  Would it be possible to open a socket on a IOS device, listen for a SSH connection and dump info back and forth?

I'm looking for a problem to match this solution.

Greg

  • [internetworkers] to all the TCL junkies, Greg Brown, 03/11/2009