internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] helping a local visitor

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Mark Turner <jmarkturner AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] helping a local visitor
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:01:34 -0400

David Matusiak wrote:

3. How about a phone? I advised to stick with mobile over landline, but am not sure what options exist for a visitor.

I love my pre-paid Net10 mobile phone. You can buy them off the shelf at many retailers: $40 for the phone and $.10/minute after that. Recharge it on the web with a credit card.

http://www.markturner.net/?s=net10

If your friend is European then he or she is probably already familiar with Skype. I say go with this for those international calls home.

Bellsouth DSL without the phone service:
https://ordering.bellsouth.com/apps/rnr/ordering/dryloop/controller.jsp?action=launch

--
Mark Turner
www.markturner.net