internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] web hosting

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Shawn Hood <shawnlhood AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] web hosting
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 15:26:58 -0500

I second the opinion against Dreamhost. I had been a customer since
March 1998 and over the years have hosted dozens of sites there. I
pretty much got what I paid for. I paid $20 a month to host several
sites on shared server. Uptime was very spotty, network disruptions
frequent, and performance was poor. What got me, though, was when I
woke up to hundreds of dollars in charges caused by the errant billing
script that had seemingly not been tested. This caused a lot of
customers NSF fees.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/01/15/dreamhost_bills_customers_years_worth_of_trouble/

Shawn