internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] scrap/parts places in RTP?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] scrap/parts places in RTP?
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 13:52:02 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 7 Oct 2008, burnett AT pobox.com wrote:
Fwd'ing question for a friend:

"Where are the 'builder' stores around here (anywhere in RTP area,
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, etc.)...
folks that have old/broken electronics surplus, electric motors, salvaged
industrial equipment, wiper motors, gears, etc. ? I'm thinking about
putting together an automated halloween project or two
http://www.perfessorevil.com/propboy/axworthy.htm
Here is an amazing list
http://www.halloweenmonsterlist.info/

I'm not looking for specific parts yet, just some places to go poke around
in!"

Anyone with other, better ideas of where to go?

Let us not forget the free section of Craigslist. And I have an electric wheelchair if someone needs parts/motors/etc.

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
Rod-O-Rama http://www.rod-o-rama.com
Vagabonds C.C. http://www.vagabonds.cc
'57 Buick Riviera, '60 International B100
'23 Buick Roadster, '38 Buick Coupe
'90 Ducati 750 Sport