internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Who's excited to go out and buy "SlotMusic" ?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Who's excited to go out and buy "SlotMusic" ?
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 20:40:25 -0400

Michael Czeiszperger wrote:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122204010273861109.html

Hmmm.... Why would I want to listen to dozens of albums on a single iPhone/iPod when I can carry lots of compact memory cards in my pocket instead :-) Do they *really* think this is going to stop people from getting music online?

Why do they want to change the on-line music purchase thing? It
would seem to me that on-line sales would be a cash cow since you
can sell 24/7/365 with almost no labor costs. (You sit around and
people send you money.)
What do I know, since I have never purchased an on-line music
track. We buy CDs and also listen to vinyl. We don't have those
fancy music pods.

Stream of Consciousness (and Completely Off Thread):
I remember back when my older Sister got a transistor radio, it was
probably in the late '50s or early '60s. It was the coolest thing
that I had ever seen. My folks got me a little blue one and I
remember surfing all through the AM spectrum looking for signals. The
coolest thing was to find stations far, far away late at night. (Of
course, far away meant Southwestern Virgina or South Carolina.) Now
folks order Mongolian mp3's on-line from Bangalore.

Toys sure have changed. Enjoy.
--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.