internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] ever needed to find a person?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Mark Turner <jmarkturner AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] ever needed to find a person?
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:30:26 -0400

I usually start at Switchboard.Com. A query will return a list of persons matching the name and list where each lives. Clicking on the "find more information about ..." link (the Intelius.com link), will bring up a list of the records available for this person.

It used to be that Intelius would show the ages of the people matching your request, which is a great way to narrow down your search. I don't see this in the results of their freebie queries, though.

If that person's deceased, you can check the Social Security Death Index, offered on Ancestry.com:
http://ssdi.rootsweb.ancestry.com/

Good luck!

Mark
www.markturner.net

Scott Lundgren wrote:
I think I'm going to test the limits of crowd sourcing this time and its the reason I love this list. For a legal matter I need to find a relative that hasn't contacted anyone in the family in 20 years. The goal is not to stalk a celebrity, find out about a high school friend, or track down a neighborhood vandal. I need to know alive/dead, an address and perhaps a phone number.

did you use a web based person information search service ?
what were the pro's & con's of using it ?
did you use a non-web service (ie: P.I. ,etc) ?
what were the costs ?

Feel free to contact me off list.

- SL
http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/