internetworkers - [internetworkers] ever needed to find a person?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott Lundgren <scott AT capitalfellow.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: Internetworkers" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] ever needed to find a person?
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 23:36:13 -0400

I think I'm going to test the limits of crowd sourcing this time and its the reason I love this list. For a legal matter I need to find a relative that hasn't contacted anyone in the family in 20 years. The goal is not to stalk a celebrity, find out about a high school friend, or track down a neighborhood vandal. I need to know alive/dead, an address and perhaps a phone number.

did you use a web based person information search service ?
what were the pro's & con's of using it ?
did you use a non-web service (ie: P.I. ,etc) ?
what were the costs ?

Feel free to contact me off list.

- SL