internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Scuba instructors?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: John Berninger <john AT ncphotography.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Scuba instructors?
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:36:01 -0400

Mark Turner wrote:
Greetings fellow, quiet Internetworkers,

My wife can (and frequently does) swim laps around me, but I've gotten my SCUBA certification and she has not. We're looking for recommendations of local dive shops to get her certified (and myself recertified).

Preferably these would be on the Raleigh side of the 'Angle, but not absolutely required. If they're good we're willing to travel.

I highly recommend Doug Berry, affiliated with the Olympus Dive Center in Morehead City. I got my AOW and Nitrox certifications with him two years ago, and (once I get back into diving regularly) plan to seek him out for Deep and Wreck certs as well. He teaches mostly in Morehead City, but also comes out to Fantasy Lake (and I believe even further west) fairly regularly. Call Olympus (http://www.olympusdiving.com/) and ask for him, he'll get you set up right.

--
John